Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Update on Navigatorgate




(http://amfortasthehippie.blogspot.com/2013/12/subversion-countersubversion-and-civil.html)

So...Hilderbran's “Pat” got back to me...and said she was “On it...”
That was later that day, Dec. 5th.
She also had quite a bit to say about Obamacare and the Evil Libruls infiltrating the State of Texas...specifically, ACORN....
(I kid you not!)
I informed her that Acorn had been disbanded, defunded, and was no longer a “Threat”...to which she replied (Again, I kid you not!):” Well, that's what they want you to think...they're just under different names, now, and are still out there...”it was implied, Spreading Lies...lol.
I asked if she had the phone number to any of these Neo-Acornian Groups, as I would really love to sign on with the Vast Librul Conspiracy to eat all the apple pie.
This seemed to confuse her.
I've dealt with “Pat” before...and this is how it usually goes.
(sigh.)
…........................................
State Senator Robert Duncan's Office was a world away better...Professional, Educated, no brown liquids. The Education Liaison who I initially talked to was forthright and interested...and she got my message to their Healthcare Person,”Kyler”...who called me, and understood...and has been emailing me updates and suggestions.
I was impressed, and told her so.
I don't think Senator Duncan is really Tea...he just has to act like it, sometimes.
…....................
Senator Kirk Watson's Person called me, a few days later...we lamented the lonely path of being a Liberal in Texas, and she encouraged me to keep stirring the Tea.
….....................
The Governor's Office responded to my e-mail with a few PDF's, regarding all the stuff I had already read, as well as the proper format for “Comments” to the TDI.
Given my history with His Hair, I was sort of taken aback at this Person's professionalism, as well.
…...........................
Still no word from the Texas Democratic Party, or their Robots....and not a peep from any of the Local Dems, in their Hillforts.(I had sent my initial report out to all of them)
….........................
The best thing that happened, that day....was talking to “Stacy”, from the CPPP....a sort of Texas version of Demos or Brookings...
I talked to her for half an hour, and I'm pretty sure she went and read my blog.
I told her that I would happily be an “Outside Consultant” on “Messaging”....translating their usual Legislature-ese into Hillbilly...and maybe a few bumperstickers.
The biggest problem for Liberals is Messaging...and a Narrative...and a Ground Game.
She understood this...
and sent me links to Progress Texas, and a few other groups who are more Ruckus-Friendly.
...and yesterday, she seems to have sent me a PDF about a job opening at CPPP, for “Communications Director”...for which I have no degree, and no experience...
...and no body, and gas money, and patience and wardrobe...lol.
I am, however, Filled with Ideas and Passion.
An occasional Call or Email, to get Amfortas' take on a given issue, from well outside the box, is all I want.
I'll accept no pay and no credit for whatever help I can provide...save for perhaps lunch at Chuy's.
I've said before, Texas Dems, and Libruls need me...
In the Background.
I'm not suited for out in front, and door to door...
and certainly not TV,lol.
But that seems to be what they all want.
That, and Money.
Understandable, certainly.
But what they...and We...also need is a Philosopher,Mythologist and Political Scientist...analogous to the fine tradition of Lay Scientists of days gone by...unencumbered by Dogma, and “Establishment” Rote....toiling in his basement, alone...and inventing the Steam Engine, or whatever.
Texas Dems need Balls...and Holy Fools who are willing to throw skunks, and light brushfires in the minds of the People.
Statistics, and dry esoterica has it's place...but it won't fit on a billboard, or a 30 second radio spot.
It won't grab folks by the throat, like the lies and obfuscation of the Right does.
So I'll continue to stir up shit...I've got all of the usual suspects on speed dial, and in my email addybook.
I likely have a Letter in today's Mason County News, refuting last week's Anti-Minwage Screed....
(http://amfortasthehippie.blogspot.com/2013/12/quils-mangent-de-la-brioche.html)
So I expect to hear a few heads popping all over town, this evening.
Tea does not cotton to Facts, and certainly doesn't like Considered Opposition to their Nonsense.

Persevero ad Pugnam!


No comments: