Blog Archive

Friday, September 25, 2015

Epiphany in Real Time.




So the Pope invades Washington DC...says a bunch of stuff that sounds a whole lot like Jesus...and Boner of Orange sees the light, through copious tears, and Frikking Resigns the next day!!!
lol.
...and in the closed door meeting wherein he surprised his Fellow Travelers with this news, he recited the Prayer of St Francis, of all things.
(in full, below, because St. Francis is prolly my favorite Christian )

So now we'll be treated to an appointment to Boehner's seat by Governor John Kasich, who sometimes pretends to have a soul...and then to what will likely be a raucous and contentious circle jerk, with machete juggling, to pick the new Speaker.
The Nattering Nabobs are swooning over that McCarthy Guy...the one that Kevin Spacey followed around to learn how to Be Frank Underwood....but I just don't see the Nutters going for that.
He's not near crazy enough.
Perhaps McCarthy could disembowel a Hippie on the steps of the Capital...
That might just do the trick....
I expect further disintegration of the GOP, and less mannerly and polite discourse(!?!?).
I allege that they have yet to truly plumb the depths of decorum and taste.
There are lower lows, yet to be achieved.
Enjoy.

….......................................

Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi


Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred let me sow love,
Where there is injury let me sow pardon,
Where there is doubt let me sow faith,
Where there is despair let me give hope,
Where there is darkness let me give light,
Where there is sadness let me give joy.
 
O Divine Master, grant that
I may not try to be comforted but to comfort,
Not try to be understood but to understand,
Not try to be loved but to love.
Because it is in giving that we receive,
It is in forgiving that we are forgiven,
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life



No comments: