Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

NOP,6222010

Naked on the back porch at 4 am...
Coffee, cigarettes and night-sounds.
Chillin' in the wheelchair I keep there.(I find them quite comfortable, as they are designed to be sat in full-time...(sigh.))
After much pain and suffering and effort,(and a lot of help from wife) the Smithy is almost finished....
all that's left is the East Wall and the electrical.
If I can procure a cheap crackle-box welder and the smaller Oxy-Acetylene tanks, I'll be set.
Much still needs to be retrieved from the Old House, but that can wait a little longer.
The Library is next...needs a floor, a couple of windows, and perhaps a French Door.
My Grandma's place has yielded a great pile of tools, furniture, and assorted knick-knacks pertaining to the History of Us....Pop's Elk Horns, souveneers from the south Pacific, during the War...and from their many travels...
Finally, I'll have a place for my Books, and all that stuff.
All that's left, as far as Infrastructure goes, is Insulating the House (waiting on the compressor from G-Ma's)...and building Drunk Uncle a Shack.
He's been in the Fire Hazard RV, last Fall and this Spring....he won't be back till next Spring, so I have plenty of time,I reckon.
So, it's Library, then all the moving (out of the Old Place)...then a long break from construction.
Which is much needed.
On Memorial Day, I was drunk, in the Cowboy Pool...there is, apparently, a different species of algae here, in Town....I slipped, and tore two muscles in my right thigh...tumbled into the mud. I was certain that I had finally broken my dead Femur...and since no one was answering my shouts and frantic phone calls, I called the ambulance....crawled/limped up to the house, shouting curses with every movement....(I'm very Tenacious)...and waited...
Adductor Magnus and Quadracept, Torn.
Wheelchair, full time, for 4-5 days....peeing in a damn jug(ugh!)...
I have resolved to stop drinking....
...which entails finding the Root of the Reason why I drink in the first place...
...Which is the purpose of this Rambling, anyway.....

No comments: